For nearly 30 years, Dr. McKee has had a solo practice in plastic and reconstructive surgery. He began in 1981 at Nashville Memorial Hospital and moved to Skyline Medical Plaza when the new hospital opened in 2000. He is a well respected member of the medical staff who is often called upon for advice and guidance.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Dr. McKee graduated in 1975 from the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, where he received the Francis Massey Award for Excellence in Surgery. He completed his residency in general surgery there and became board certified in general surgery. His residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery was at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond and he earned his certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1982.
Dr. McKee's natural leadership skills have been utilized on the Board of Directors for the Nashville Academy of Medicine, as Speaker of the House of Delegates for the Tennessee Medical Association and as chief of the medical staff of Nashville Memorial Hospital. He is currently on the board of The Memorial Foundation. He serves as an elder in his church, as well as song leader and Bible class teacher.
- Nashville Academy of Medicine (past board member)
- Tennessee Medical Association (past Speaker of the House of Delegates)
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Tennessee Society of Plastic Surgery
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- J.B. Lynch Surgical Society
- Skyline Medical Center
- Chairman of Credentials Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Hendersonville Medical Center
- Northridge Surgery Center